So I'm appealing to the glorious collected YOU out there, and asking you to share your literary gems. Have you written a great book that's available (either in print or e-book)? Got a great book you're excited to recommend? Then you're in the right place.
So, here's a point by point breakdown:
- WRITE a blog post recommending a book (include a cover shot and why you like it -- it's totally cool to recommend your own book)
- TITLE this post "Wrap it! Read It! Love it!" Save and publish it. Copy the url of the post itself (you'll need it for the next steps).
- GO to my Book Happy Blog post (that's this one you're reading right here)
- ADD your blog post to the list by clicking the link at the end of my post that says "Click Here to Enter" (it's in blue). You'll be taken to a page that asks for your blog title (put in the title of your whole blog, as in MY VERY OWN BLOG). Then put in the url of the "Wrap it! Read it! Love it!" blog post itself. Enter your name and e-mail for verification purposes.
- JOIN the hop. After you've added your blog post to the hop, be sure others can continue on to the next blog in line. Look at the end of my blog post for a message that says Get The Code Here... See? Click that. Copy the code. Then go back to your blog and paste the code you find at the end of your own "Wrap It! Read It! Love It!" post (be sure you're in HTML mode when you do this). The list of blogs will appear at the end of your post now.
- HOP! On the weekend of the Hop, use the linky list to go from blog to blog, reading about new books and meeting new authors. Your post will also have this list, making it easy for readers to "hop" from blog to blog.
I'll be making a Pinterest board of all the different posts too. Because I love an excuse to Pinterest. And I'll be sharing on Facebook. So the love just goes on and on.. (PS: This is a kinda techy thing, and I am a not techy girl, so this is also an experiment. Picture bubbling test tubes and maniacal laughter and very shiny tinsel. If you have questions or problems, holler).
And please "hop" with us on the weekend of the 14th-16th. You're sure to find something for yourself or some lucky recipient on your shopping list.
Here's the link: